Re: Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

From: Scott Ullrich <geekgod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:00:04 -0400

13da7$0$744$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <93436047-1F93-11D9-B774-000A95B5756A@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <41715542$0$746$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Here is the file that we are using:

# /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf
#
ddns-update-style none;

filename "/boot/pxeboot";
option routers 10.1.0.1;

class "pxeboot-class" {
     match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =
"PXEClient";
}

class "etherboot-class" {
     match if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9) =
"Etherboot";
}

subnet 10.1.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 {
     pool {
         allow members of "pxeboot-class";
         allow members of "etherboot-class";
         range 10.1.0.128 10.1.0.254;
         option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
         option broadcast-address 10.1.0.255;
         filename "/boot/pxeboot";
         option root-path "10.1.0.1:/cdrom";
         next-server 10.1.0.1;
     }
}

I should point out that the remote boot services are not started unless
the user logs in as installer and selects the "Start NetBoot
Installation Services" menu item.   Afterwards the system gives a brief
description of what this option is and then proceeds to ask which
interface they would like to set these services up on.

Scott