Re: Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 14:32:38 +0200

On 16.10.2004, at 11:06, esmith wrote:
I think that the worst situation that might occur is a normal user, who doesn't want to lan-boot, will have their IP lease expire and then receive a new IP, and lease, from our lan-boot dhcp server. This new IP lease will expire who knows when? This could then leave the user scratching their head wondering why they suddenly can't "see" the internet any longer, or other subtle problems like IP address collision where software continues to work but will perform poorly with little or no reported errors. If it's reasonable, when writing code I usually go out of my way to avoid potential problems like this but, you might be right that this degree of safety is unwarranted.

this shouldn't happen as the dhcp server is being setup in a way that it only serves data for PXE/Etherboot/DragonFly clients.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\