Re: any interest in importing pf?

To: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:23:50 +0000

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

My thought of that... Anyone shouldn't replace or remove neither, but just
add PF to have one more choice of firewall. :-) Unless, IPF and PF can't
play together nice, then it explains.

Donno about this, but we will surely need to update the PFIL_HOOKS code in-order to bring in OpenBSD's Packet Filter.

If add PF, then it means one of you will have to bring ALTQ in too? CARP
will be insterest to play with too, btw.

We don't have to bring in ALTQ, but it would be good to have it IMHO. As far as CARP is concerned, I wonder if FreeVRRP by the KAME project is better than it or not, is still yet to be researched.

Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx