Re: any interest in importing pf?

From: Josh Coombs <Kurlon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 09:56:48 -0500

>  We don't have to bring in ALTQ, but it would be good to have it
>  IMHO.  As far as CARP is concerned, I wonder if FreeVRRP by the
>  KAME project is better than it or not, is still yet to be
>  researched.
>
>  Regards,

CARP is it's own standard, whereas VRRP is RFC'd afik and already
supported on much commercial router hardware.  Supporting VRRP will
allow FreeBSD boxen to drop right in with other standards based routers
and play along in their sandbox.  'Course best would be supporting
both, but as I'm not coding yet, I'll keep my bikeshed plans to myself.
: )