Re: any interest in importing pf?

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:13:13 -0600

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 16:09:07 -0500, Richard Coleman wrote:

> Matt,
>
> What plans do you have in mind for packet filtering and firewalls?  Are
> you planning to stick with ipfw and ipfilter?
>
> Is there any interest in chunking both of these and moving to pf?  Or at
> least replacing ipfilter with pf.  I know that may be too radical, but
> wanted to gauge the interest.

My thought of that... Anyone shouldn't replace or remove neither, but just
add PF to have one more choice of firewall. :-) Unless, IPF and PF can't
play together nice, then it explains.

If add PF, then it means one of you will have to bring ALTQ in too? CARP
will be insterest to play with too, btw.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.