Re: you must buildworld before you buildkernel. why ?

From: Daniel Bond <db@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:20:49 +0200

Hi,

yum update git
Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Update Process
Could not find update match for git
No Packages marked for Update

I think the package name could be 'git-core', or 'git-all', in Fedora.

Cheers,

DB.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:11 PM, Niklas Rosencrantz wrote:

2009/10/13 Daniel Bond <db@danielbond.org>:
Hi.

I read it as you want to setup a git repository. I'm not sure exactly which
version of git is required for the "--mirror" option, but I know it it
present in
1.6.* version of Git. If someone has more accurate information about the
version that introduced this feature, please let me know, and I will update
the mirroring page (
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/howtos/How_to_mirror_DragonFly_with_Git/ ).

It is very important to use a git-version which supports "--mirror", and the
update-repo script,
so that old branches are removed, and the repo presented to the client is as
correct as possible.
(I tried and failed quite a bit, not having this piece of information).

Cheers,

DB.
OK! Thanks, git is selfcontained, yum conflicts so git could renew
itself after little adjustments
Usage: /usr/bin/git-clone [--template=<template_directory>]
[--reference <reference-repo>] [--bare] [-l [-s]] [-q] [-u
Got local git 1.6.4 and remote 1.5.3.3 (above) to yum upgrade, just
small trick (remote) looking old Fedora:
yum update git
Repository base is listed more than once in the configuration
Setting up Update Process
Could not find update match for git
No Packages marked for Update
]# git --version
git version 1.5.3.3
2.6.9-023stab043.1-smp #1 SMP Mon Mar 5 16:35:19 MSK 2007 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs              10G  5.1G  5.0G  51% /
seems certain git requires 1.6 for mirror or that mirror option is an
alias backcompatible to 2 prior gears. Can mirror via 2 vzfs
virtualized a.s.a.p. after little script. Proceeding anyway
compatibilizing with pleasure affirming success getting sources last
24 h both from Mr. Bond and default.
Regards