Re: usb printer Brother HL-2030 and DragonFly [SOLVED]

From: Tomas <antencek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:20:15 +0100

Well, luckily I have a BIOS which let's me choose what kind of USB I want (1.1 or 1.1+2.0) so I just chose 1.1 and it works.

If you have more USBs on your wife's machine try if maybe one of them isn't 2.0.

Maybe another solution is to install PCI (or PCMCIA) USB 1.1 card into it.

If you have possibility try your gadget on some other (older) machine first not to have extra costs if it still doesn't work.

Regards,
Tomas

walt wrote:
Tomas wrote:

...I forced USB to 1.1 instead of 2.0...

I'm glad your problem is solved. Can you explain exactly how you 'forced' it? I think this may help me fix a similar problem on my wife's linux machine.

Thanks!