Re: DP performance

From: Danial Thom <danial_thom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 06:58:31 -0800 (PST)

--- "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Danial Thom wrote:
> > --- "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> <cut all>
> >> Okay so when your the expert on practical
> >> implementation, what do you
> >> make of the surfnet internet2 test results
> >> (they did actually test
> >> current "normal" hardware too) that prove
> your
> >> "practical" hypothesis
> >> wrong? Or do you just deny the results and
> >> continue on trolling?
> >>

> > What test are you referring to, and what do
> you
> > think it disproves?
> >

> Dear Danial,
>
> Your lack of knowledge on this topic is not a
> valid excuse of being
> irrational stubborn.

Are you related to Edgar Allan Poe by some
chance?

I'm not sure I know which "topic" you're
referring to, since all you do is make vague
references to things that don't seem related to
anything. First you cited switch specs without an
example or what part of the spec made your point,
and then you made some vague reference to a large
organization that's in bed with Cisco, without
mentioning any specific test or what point the
test proves. I understand that the last time you
said something you were badly beaten down, so
maybe you're just afraid to say anything as it
may tarnish your reputation as someone who knows
something?