Re: Some questions

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 09:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

:Hello!
:
:I have some questions about DragonflyBSD!
:
:1. What you have reach since the forking of FreeBSD?

    That would be a pretty long list.  The kernel's core APIs have
    been almost entirely rewritten, we have a really nice light
    weight process abstraction, integration with pkgsrc, and many
    other things.

:2. Which features you are plan for the near future (2.0, 2.2)?

    2.0's biggest features are going to be the new filesystem,
    called HAMMER, and a (hopefully) very nicely stabilized MP-SAFE
    network stack.  2.0 will be in the July time frame.

:3. What you are plan for the distant future (2.4, 2.6...3.0)?

    The ultimate goal of the project is transparent machine clustering.
    That would probably be in 3.0 time frame, more then a year away.

:And sorry for my bad English. I hope you can understand me.
:
:araratpp

					<dillon@backplane.com>