Re: Some questions

From: araratpp <araratpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:27:28 +0200

Big THX for your fast answers!

>     2.0's biggest features are going to be the new filesystem,
>     called HAMMER

Will be HAMMER the standard file system of the root partition in v2.0?

>     The ultimate goal of the project is transparent machine clustering.
When DragonFlyBSD will optimized for transparent machine clustering,
can it than used as operating system for desktop system or is that no
(more) recommended?

And I habe another question:
When comes the results of the Google Summer of Code into DragonFlyBSD?
In Version 2.0 or later?

2008/4/28, Sdävtaker <sdavtaker@gmail.com>:
> You can get a fair start in http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/goals.shtml
>  The thing doing the bigger noise right now is the HammerFS.
>  See ya around.
>  Damian
I readed this text but its very hard to understand this. :(

>  Take a look here:
> http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/DragonFly_Technologies
>
>  Most notable:
>
>   * Process checkpointing
>   * Journaling (HAMMER will replace it as far as I understand)
>   * VKernel
>   * Varsym
>
>  Not to forget dntpd, dma and all the good pkgsrc stuff ;-)

That is it what I have search :-)

araratpp