Re: weird link problem with the postfix install?

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 23:55:09 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Woah, as far as I am aware I am using Stable. My brain's not been so :good the past few days mind, as you know.
:
:*default release=cvs tag=DragonFly_Stable
:
:uname does say 1.1-CURRENT still though...
:
:As it goes though, I ran make install again and it got past newaliases :and did the same thing on the next file in the list. Ran it again and it :seems to have installed. It seems to be working alright, it managed to :send a mail off to my email account anyway *shrugs*
:
:-- Yah, it turned out to be a bug in a change made to 'cp' earlier this
month, and it wound up in Stable.

I just committed a fix and slipped the Stable tag for it.

    Yah, uname says CURRENT.  Fixing that will require a bit of work to pull
    the name out of the tag rather then have to commit the name as part of
    the tag.

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

That was quick!

Glad it wasn't me doing something wrong and getting the 'HEAD' stuff by accident :) I'll head off and try finish setting this box up. Can't actually think of much else I need to do, but I know if I go ahead and swap them now it'll blow up in my face :)

Worst case.. If I manage it and it's panicing with DF too, will any back trace stuff I might be able to get be of any use to anyone? I know you (Matt) is busy doing all sorts of funky stuff so I don't expect you to be able to look into it that much. I found the unstripped debug kernel and I am running that and I have setup the whole dump thing. Do I need to do anything else?

Cheers!

--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/