weird link problem with the postfix install?

From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:46:59 +0100

Hi there

I'm making some progress, I have samba, php, mysql and apache installed on my new DragonFly box alright, from ports may I add. It's nearly at a state where I might be able to test run it soon.

I have a small problem with Postfix though (2.1.x). When I try and do a make install it spits back an error at me:

--
mv: chown: /usr/local/bin/newaliases: Bad file descriptor
mv: chflags: /usr/local/bin/newaliases: Function not implemented

Now, 5 is what I am trying to get *away* from at the minute, as it's just giving me lots of hassles on that box. Is this telling me that it's not working because /tmp is a different partition than /usr? How on earth can I get this to work? (I do have /tmp and /usr as seperate partitions now....)

I think after postfix, all that needs to be installed is bind9 and I'm set. I am desperate to get it going so I can test run it. The FreeBSD 5 box I have running at the moment crashed yet again a few hours ago :) My plan is to try and setup this box as much as possible then quickly just swap the hard disks over, it's likely not going to work out exactly as I plan it... but I can try!

I did notice those same Bad file descriptor/Function not implemented errors when trying to copy some links from over NFS too...

Any ideas?
--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/