Re: Mouse problems

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:47:22 +0200

On 21.10.2004, at 01:12, Douwe Kiela wrote:
Anyway, the problem is that I can't get my mouse to work. I installed
XFree86 and used xf86config to configure the mouse. I used to run NetBSD on
this box and the mouse worked fine over there so I figured it'd be fine.
However the mouse is the only thing that doesn't work, the rest works fine.
I set the mouse device to point to /dev/sysmouse and tried several mouse
protocols (it's a simple Logitech PS/2 mouse with scrolling wheel), but
nothing would work. Am I missing something here or is there something wrong
with DragonFly?

If moused works (vidcontrol -m on and you can move the pointer), then it must be something between moused and xfree. you need to specify the sysmouse protocol to xfree. in case you compiled xfree yourself, be sure that sysmouse.c also contains operating system conditionals for dragonfly. this used to be a problem, at least for some (newer?) version of xorg.

cheers
  simon

--
/"\