Re: Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:30:47 -0700 (PDT)

:uhm, I'm pxebooting and I don't need to change the kernel config, IIRC.
:Seems the kernel just uses the data the pxeloader received.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    You must be using a BOOTP-enabled kernel, yes?  Because without BOOTP
    the kernel will not be able to NFS mount the root filesystem.

    The default GENERIC kernel does not enable BOOTP, and I don't think
    we want it to... it's dangerous to do that sort of thing because if
    someone has, say, a big honking setup with lots of disks on the one
    hand, and an auto-bootp-installer on the other, they might accidently
    destroy an already-operational machine if something goes wrong during
    booting.