Re: Dfly install CD Stable v1.2.0 and 1.2.5 hang, but Preview v1.3.6 ok

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

:
:I have just been trying out Dfly again after having briefly played with
:v1.0a a while ago.
:
:After successfully booting the install CD for v1.2.0 (and v1.2.5) to a
:login prompt the machine hangs.  Sometimes I have been able to log in,
:others it just hangs.  I have tried the "Default" boot, "no ACPI" and
:"Safe mode", but all options seem to hang.
:
:However when I tried the Install CD Preview v1.3.6 it all seemed to work
:fine, and when I wrote a simple shell while loop counter to test
:processing, it ran without a problem.
:
:I did notice when I managed to log in to the v1.2.5 Install CD prompt, I
:tried running the apm command, which subsequently dropped to a ddb>
:prompt.  On v1.3.5 running apm provides useful apm information.
:
:Is this my lack of knowledge of Dfly?  Are there stability problems when
:it is actually installed?
:
:Any ideas appreciated?

    Well, its hard to tell with so little information but I suspect
    that one of the device driver your box needs must have been updated
    between the release and current.  If 1.3.x works for you and 1.2.x
    does not, then stick with 1.3.x.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>