Re: sendmail as a secondary MX

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:39:59 +0800

Janet Sullivan wrote:

OK, I'm confused. I'm using the exact same configuration for sendmail on DF 1.1-CURRENT that I had on FreeBSD 4.11, but I'm seeing very different results.

For my domain bgp4.net, I have nj.bgp4.net set as MX 10 (the primary) and tx.bgp4.net set as MX 20 (the secondary).

Which,of those is running DragonFlyBSD? tx.bgp4.net only, or both?

Which, (both?) is running Sendmail?

On tx.bgp4.net I am using the stock .mc file, with the addition of some DNSBLs. I have bgp4.net defined in /etc/mail/relay-domains. I do not have a /etc/mail/local-host-names.

On FreeBSD 4.11, a mail sent to ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx sent through tx.bgp4.net relayed over to nj.bgp4.net, just like I wanted. With DF 1.1, tx.bgp4.net accepts the mail locally, and never relays it over to nj.bgp4.net.

All the config files are the same as they were on FreeBSD 4.11. I did a make install clean in /etc/mail to remake the .cf file just for the heck of it. No go.

I'm far from a sendmail expert, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Janet

Do you have a before and after of /etc/groups, etc/master.password?

Is everything being run with the same EUID, EGID as before the change?

Are various files and directories still under the same ownership and mode as before the change?

Are two instances of an MTA being requested, and in contention over the port?

Bill