sendmail as a secondary MX

From: Janet Sullivan <ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 02:20:29 -0800

OK, I'm confused. I'm using the exact same configuration for sendmail on DF 1.1-CURRENT that I had on FreeBSD 4.11, but I'm seeing very different results.

For my domain bgp4.net, I have nj.bgp4.net set as MX 10 (the primary) and tx.bgp4.net set as MX 20 (the secondary).

On tx.bgp4.net I am using the stock .mc file, with the addition of some DNSBLs. I have bgp4.net defined in /etc/mail/relay-domains. I do not have a /etc/mail/local-host-names.

On FreeBSD 4.11, a mail sent to ciscogeek@xxxxxxxx sent through tx.bgp4.net relayed over to nj.bgp4.net, just like I wanted. With DF 1.1, tx.bgp4.net accepts the mail locally, and never relays it over to nj.bgp4.net.

All the config files are the same as they were on FreeBSD 4.11. I did a make install clean in /etc/mail to remake the .cf file just for the heck of it. No go.

I'm far from a sendmail expert, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Janet