Re: Standards Conformance

From: Jason Smethers <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 14:09:22 -0600

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
I'd like indication of the minimal standard, according to the following
hierachie:

1. ISO C89
2. POSIX
3. SUS

ISO C99 feature should be marked explicitly as such, as well as extensions
from *BSD or glibc.

Joerg

There are still further versions and revisions of each standard. This is also why I think that there should be a more official stance by the DragonFly project both on what standards and what revisions of these standards.

These standards and specifications may be backwards compatibile, but still be supersets of one another, both between them, and within their respective versions.

For example, maybe you really ment the following list:

1. ISO C89
2. ISO C99
3. POSIX (what version ?)
4. SUS (what version ?)