Re: Google is Hiring

From: "Dmitri Nikulin" <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:59:56 +1100

On 2/10/07, hui Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org> wrote:
Google rejected me based on their interview strategy of not asking any
relevant questions regarding what I've done and came to the conclusion
that I had insufficient technical background regarding what I've done in
the kernel.

That sounds familiar. http://voodoo.bawue.com/blogs/?p=104 is the story of a FreeBSD committer who was similarly screwed by the interview process, though it's written in Russian, and I'm too lazy to translate. Maybe Google's service can translate that. Ha.

---
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University