Re: Some problems installing dragonFly BSD. Can anybody help?

From: Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:20:11 +0800

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Matthias Rampke
<matthias.rampke@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Re: IO APIC
>
> Disabling IO APIC didn't help with the SMP kernel, it complains about lapic initialization before dropping to the debugger (is there a LAPIC loader tunable? I can't find any documentation on this or hw.apic_io_enable). Are SMP kernels on UP machines *supposed* to work anyway?

Well, disabling IO APIC is no longer recommended for SMP since 2.10.
As about LAPIC initialization failure, could you set boot_verbose and
take a photo or setting up a serial console to give me the dmesg
before the panic?  And I need the output of 'acpidump -t' and
'mptable' (you could run these two commands from a UP kernel).

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Tomorrow Will Never Die