Re: Some problems installing dragonFly BSD. Can anybody help?

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 20:14:57 -0400

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Matthias Rampke
<matthias.rampke@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Is this on the WLAN? Which card? I'm having massive trouble getting ath(4) to work with most WLAN routers, e.g. I don't receive the DHCPOFFERs from my home WLAN. My phone's WiFi hotspot (Motorola Milestone / CyanogenMod 6) works perfectly, though. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to reporting this properly yet.

Matt and I both had trouble with the ath(4) driver at NYCBSDCon - it
was a bug in WPA2 support.  It may be a similar problem, in which case
sysctl net.wlan.force_swcrypto=1 may help.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2010-11/msg00169.html

>> 5. I was expecting FVWM as the window manager: I thought the docs said
>> that was the default. Presumably I can change the window manager.
>> Should it have been FVWM? Is the fact that I got TWM instead a symptom
>> that some config was wrong?
> Probably ... (I'm not using the GUI image, so rather wild guessing here).

If the original poster was running as a newly created user rather than
root, that may be why.  I don't think the default GUI config is added
to new user profiles; just the root one present at install.