Re: Hammer fails in HEAD

From: Andreas Lundin <lunde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:13:01 +0200

* Matthew Dillon (dillon@apollo.backplane.com) wrote:

> :newfs_hammer is the latest, anyway here's the output:
> :
> :...
> :Here is a back trace from the dump:
> :
> :/Andreas
>
>     Cool, thanks for the dump.  I may have fixed this in commit 60E, which
>     I just put into the tree a moment ago.  Please resync the hammer
>     utilities and kernel and test again.
>
>     The part you are hitting is the propagation of the mirror_tid, which
>     occurs by default even if you aren't mirroring anything yet.  It may
>     still have some issues.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon@backplane.com>

Yes the new commits seems to have solved the problem I was having.

Altough currently you can't build hammer as your new commits utilize
fib_ext in the file identifier structure(struct fid in
src/sys/sys/mount.h) but I added fid_ext that manually as an u_short
and the kernel compiled and hammer is working better than it did
before, I can now successfully write files.

Thanks,
/Andreas