Re: Hammer fails in HEAD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 12:32:24 -0700 (PDT)

:Hi,
:
:I'm running HEAD as of today and hammer fails instantly as it tries to
:write to disk. I'm still on my first 48 hours as a dragonfly bsd user
:so I might very well have done something wrong here and that's why it
:fails. I've edited /usr/src/sys/config/GENERIC and added options
:HAMMER, make buildworld/buildkernel, installkernel/installworld
:and after that make upgrade.
:
:I have an entire disk ad1 that I want to try hammer on. The disklabel
:looks like this:
:...
:newfs_hammer -L test /dev/ad1s1d
:mount_hammer /dev/ad1s1d /mnt/hammer
:touch /mnt/hammer/file001
:sync
:
:If someone tells me what to type at the debugger I can provide the
:output.
:
:Regards
:Andreas Lundin

    Make sure the newfs_hammer binary is the latest as well.  It kinda feels
    like you may have tried to use an out-of-date newfs_hammer.

    If it still crashes, report where it crashes, usually the first few
    lines of the panic plus the trace output.  For example:

mp_lock = 00000000; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000
fault virtual address   = 0x2070
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
. ...
db>

    And then type 'trace' and you would get something like this:

hammer_done_cursor(...) at hammer_done_cursor+0xa9
hammer_ioc_mirror_read(...) at hammer_ioc_mirror_read+0x3e7
hammer_ioctl(...) at hammer_ioctl+0x6e3

    The arguments to the functions isn't that important (the bit I "..." out),
    the rest can be important, though.

					<dillon@backplane.com>