Re: Announcing the pkgsrc-2008Q1 Branch

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:20:26 -0700 (PDT)

:
:Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
:> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:51:32PM +0300, Hasso Tepper wrote:
:> > Note that devel/m4 is now broken in DragonFly because of "security
:> > fix" pulled up from HEAD with two days during release. Fixing it is
:> > beyond my knowledge, so please someone have a look.
:>
:> The older version should have all the patches. You are welcome to
:> complain to the gnulib folks for not including them...
:
::)
:
:Looking at patches and the new version I think that they would break it
:anyway - relevant code seems to be just rewritten entirely.
:
:--
:Hasso Tepper

   Yah, I'm still shaking my head wondering what the hell M4 needs
   all this godaweful code for?  They're diving deep, DEEP into
   stdio for no good reason, just to make M4 processing a few nanoseconds
   fastr?  I just don't undestand it.

   In anycase, I'll get it fixed.  I'm not going to mess around too much
   though, if I have to add some inlines to our stdio.h to move things
   along I will.

					<dillon@backplane.com>