Re: Announcing the pkgsrc-2008Q1 Branch

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:59:01 -0400

Hasso Tepper wrote:
Note that devel/m4 is now broken in DragonFly because of "security fix" pulled up from HEAD with two days during release. Fixing it is beyond my knowledge, so please someone have a look.

Even having regular builds doesn't save us from this kind of stuff :(.

Not knowing the intricacies of various m4 implementations, it seems like we have a GNU mode with '-g'.. is there any reason devel/m4 is really needed for DragonFly? (e.g. some kind of pkgsrc wrapper makefile could be used around the system m4 instead?)

I suppose some tools would need to be modified, but for those things just needing 'gnu' m4 for *builds* ..

just a thought..

- Chris