Re: Request for swapcontext and getcontext to be ported to our libc

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 17:44:15 +1100

Just letting you know that mtasker now compiles after buildworld/installworld. Though, wip/powerdns-recusor doesnt compile yet (a new error), not mtasker related.

pdns_recursor.cc: In function `void startDoResolve(void*)': pdns_recursor.cc:563: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `char*' pdns_recursor.cc:564: error: invalid conversion from `void*' to `char*' pdns_recursor.cc:1139: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

[wrapper.sh] note: The real command line, after the pkgsrc wrapper, was:
/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.gcc/bin/g++ -O -pipe -I/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.buildlink/include -Wall -O3 -c -o pdns_recursor.o pdns_recursor.cc -L/usr/obj/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/work/.buildlink/lib
gmake: *** [pdns_recursor.o] Error 1
*** Error code 2

If someone could please take a look at it, I would be very happy.

Petr

Matt Emmerton wrote:
[ top-posting corrected ]

Petr Janda wrote:
Matt Emmerton wrote:
The first cut of this work has been completed. I've ported over the
FreeBSD
i386 work, which is a hybrid libc + kernel syscall implementation.

You can find the source changes and a tiny test program here:
http://www.gsicomp.on.ca/~matt/dfly/

I hope to have a libc-only implementation completed before the end of
the
week.
Libc and kernel compiled, but wip/powerdns-recursor still gives me the
mtasker errors.

I'm assuming that you did installworld/installkernel/reboot before attempting to build wip/powerdns-recursor.

After a bit of searching, I added the wip/ bits to my pkgsrc installation
and have found that powerdns-recursor has compile warnings/errors/ICE on
DFly that are totally unrelated to the *context functions.

I'm curious to know what patches/tweaks you are using in your environment to
get to the point where you see *context-related failures.

# uname -a
DragonFly jekell.gsicomp.on.ca 1.7.0-DEVELOPMENT DragonFly 1.7.0-DEVELOPMENT
#0: Wed Jan  3 18:21:26 EST 2007
root@jekell.gsicomp.on.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: DragonFly/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.4.5 20050809 (prerelease) [DragonFly] (propolice, visibility)

# grep DISTNAME /usr/pkgsrc/wip/powerdns-recursor/Makefile
DISTNAME=               pdns-recursor-3.1.4

Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton