Re: Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle *groan*

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:33:47 +0100

Emiel Kollof wrote:
That and 15 seconds seems a bit too long. Know of any hardware that actually needs that long to settle in? (and don't you guys go dig up the most antiquated SCSI peripherals that actually do need 15 seconds ;) ) If yes, I'll just shut up about this.

my cd writer does. but i have the delay set to 3 secs, and it just reports in later, no big deal. so i'm basically for reducing this timeout.

cheers
  simon