Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle *groan*

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:22:52 +0100

See subject for a pet peeve I've had for a while...

Might it be an idea to copy FreeBSD here and shorten that to, say, 5 seconds
by default? I know it's tunable, but it will shorten boot times a bit for
people that are too lazy like me :)

That and 15 seconds seems a bit too long. Know of any hardware that actually
needs that long to settle in? (and don't you guys go dig up the most
antiquated SCSI peripherals that actually do need 15 seconds ;) ) If yes,
I'll just shut up about this.

Cheers,
Emiel
--
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.
		-- Shakespeare