Re: Waiting 15 seconds for SCSI devices to settle *groan*

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 21:09:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, December 1, 2005 3:22 pm, Emiel Kollof said:
> That and 15 seconds seems a bit too long. Know of any hardware that
> actually
> needs that long to settle in? (and don't you guys go dig up the most
> antiquated SCSI peripherals that actually do need 15 seconds ;) ) If yes,
> I'll just shut up about this.

I haven't encountered any hardware like that in this millenium...

The Super Wonderful Best Solution would be to automatically remove that
delay if there aren't any SCSI devices in the system.  I don't know how
you'd automatically determine that, but it would be a great fix, rather
than a annoyance reduction (i.e. reducing the wait).