Re: recommend kvm switch

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:32:51 -0800 (PST)

:On November 30, 2005 01:14 pm, Bob Bagwill wrote:
:> Can anyone recommend a really bullet-proof 2 or 4 port kvm switch
:> (that's DBSD compatible)?  Thanks.
:
:The Belkin 2-port (with built-in cables), 4-port, and 8-port KVM switches
:work really well.  Tested with Windows 98/XP, FreeBSD
:4.10/4.11/5.3/5.4/6.0, and an early release of DFly (1.0 or 1.2).  The
:only issue with BSD is that you either have to boot with the KVM set to
:that port, or add flags=0x100 to the keyboard driver (atkbd I think).
:Otherwise, the keyboard won't work for that boot session.
:
:--
:Freddie Cash, LPIC-1 CCNT CCLP      Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.

    I'm using a Belkin 4-port to switch between two DragonFly test boxes,
    a FreeBSD-6 test box, and my Windows (gaming) box.  It uses power from
    the keyboard PS2 connector(s) to power itself and sometimes gets
    confused when all the machines are completely powered down, then up
    again, but otherwise works fine.

    I'm not necessarily endorsing Belkin... it's just what happened to be
    available at the local CompUSA, and it worked.