Fwd: Re: Differences between constructive and destructive criticism

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:25:32 +0000

>Excuse me but I only here short time, but it does not

Welcome to the list, Boris!

>seem that anyone consider at all the possibleness that
>he is right. I do not see any good technical reasons
>against, only people attack everything he say. What he

He may be right, he may be wrong.  This is not a hardware list.  It's an OS
development list.

Also, is he being attacked, or is he attacking or launching inflammatory
remarks first?  The best approach is to REASON with people.

>say is the same as my experience. No one else have any
>real good test. He is right about cost and pcix. Why
>cannot you accept this? Why so important that he be
>wrong to you?

It doesn't matter.  DFly isn't about the fastest OS in the world, at this
point.  It's about being flexible, extensible, and MAINTAINABLE.  Hardware
has NOTHING to do with these issues.  If you want to throw more hardware at
a problem, whether it be Windows, Solaris, Linux, another free *nix...
that's not the point.  This project is about improvement of the SOFTWARE.
And by the way, I am *not* part of the project.  I just recognize its
merits.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.