Re: bootloader reboots

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:39:30 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:That's probably it then. So I should force it to LBA mode in the other :machines BIOS (if I can, it's an old machine) and I should run boot0cfg :again with packet mode on?

    It might be enough to just turn on packet mode with boot0cfg, but I
    have found often that older BIOSes must be set to use LBA mode too.
    You might be forced to start from scratch as the initial initialization
    of the slices could have gotten confused.

Ah poop. It was installed on a more modern PC (Intel BX chipset) and I think that's using LBA.

Never mind! I can always use this computer as a server for a couple of months to see if it's more stable than old pal FreeBSD 5, and if it is I can just set the older machine up from scratch and swap back over :)

Thanks

-Matt
Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

--