packets don't forward(?) with ipfw2

From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:36:07 +0100

I just realised that to use IPFW2 on FBSD 4.x, and thus DF, you have to compile a kernel with IPFW2 and then recompile ipfw and libalias with -DIPFW2. So I did this, rebooted, and found that it was no longer 'forwarding' packets. As in, none of my networked machines could use the internet; it was like they was being blocked. I went and used the most basic `firewall_type="OPEN"`, which allows anything. They still weren't able to use the internet. I recompiled ipfw+libalias without IPFW2 and booted my old kernel.. and it's working again now, with the same firewall_type="OPEN". Any ideas as to what's up here?
--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/