Re: NUMA memory support

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 10:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

:I just installed 22-okt gcc2 snapshot (gcc3 chokes too much) in my brand
:new dual opterom machine and I noticed that DFly finds my 2 Gb of RAM.
:
:Mighty cool indeed, because I didn't belived DFly would find the memory
:attachet to CPU1.
:
:Is this a feature of the AMD 8k chipset or is NUMA memory supported in DFly?
:
:Oh, is it possible to build a native 64bit version of DFly right away?
:     Jasse - The one but not the only

    It's really the BIOS that found the memory.  The kernel just queries
    the BIOS for the physical mapping.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>