Re: I think I just got a panic

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

:maybe we should add an emergency video and keyboard reset to panic(). I
:think that's a better way than trying to guess what video mode is
:running and adopt to that (or such), like other operating systems try
:to do (linux). we could even make a pinkscreen! (or redscreen, or
:bluescreen!)
:
:cheers
:   simon

    Unfortunately that might be difficult, because only X really knows how
    to properly reset the video, and only X really knows how to render to
    the frame buffer.  We could attempt to make the appropriate video BIOS
    calls but it's a toss-up whether they would actually work.