Re: I think I just got a panic

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:43:26 +0200

On 21.10.2004, at 01:07, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:But I was running X at the time :( X froze and stayed there for about 10
:seconds or something, then the computer rebooted. Probably a panic?
It sounds like it auto-rebooted after a crash. The 10 seconds was
probably the 'will reboot after 15 seconds' message on the console
which you didn't see because you were in X.

maybe we should add an emergency video and keyboard reset to panic(). I think that's a better way than trying to guess what video mode is running and adopt to that (or such), like other operating systems try to do (linux). we could even make a pinkscreen! (or redscreen, or bluescreen!)

cheers
  simon

--
/"\