I think I just got a panic

From: Mark Cullen <mark.cullen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:36:52 +0100

But I was running X at the time :( X froze and stayed there for about 10 seconds or something, then the computer rebooted. Probably a panic?

For whatever it's worth I was just doing a buildworld, X with a couple of xterms open (icewm) and I had a samba share mounted. I was ssh'd into another machine in one of the xterms and was about to vi /etc/gettytab locally when it locked up and rebooted.

I've now set dumpdev in rc.conf. Is that enough to atleast save a dump, so I can tell for sure if it was a panic or not, incase it happens again?
--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/