Re: Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:30:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     For headless access, the target box could simply give ssh access for
>     whomever the root NFS mount is coming from.

>     If we really wanted to get sophisticated we could ship a public key
>     out via DHCP

>     And then we make a control panel on the server, or allow the server to
>     slave to another machine a chain its pxebooted 'children'...  and then,
>     and then...  This is one of those things that could easily snowball into
>     a seriously cool interface while at the same time maintaining the KISS
>     principle of always being able to ssh into the target box as 'installer'
>     or 'root' directly.

  It's starting to sound like something that would be useful far beyond
"just" installing on a group of boxes (like compiler farms etc).  Once
it's working you can just keep adding.  :-)

 (And if you borrow a computer lab you'll have a great testbed for
distributed computing, which even seems to fit the project goals pretty
well.)

  Or I could just say "Wow, cool!".

Magnus