Re: Logitech USB Keyboard/Mouse problems and fix

From: Roland Hammerle <romendo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:48:52 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :I completely forgot that there were two patches. I applied the second
> :one, of course. Is there a chance that somone can figure out why the
> :keyboard repeates characters sometimes? I would love to investigate but I
> :fear I do not know enough to even start doing it myself.
> :
> :Thanks,
> :Roland
>
>     Roland, it might be worthwhile to try out a FreeBSD-5 or FreeBSD-6
>     live filesystem CD... not install it (:-)), just boot it and see if
>     the
>     keyboard stuttering is still and issue.  It looks like there's a bunch
>     of stuff synchronized from NetBSD which we haven't brought in yet,
>     which
>     FreeBSD has.  If the stuttering issue is fixed I'm sure that I or one
>     of the other developers can take the time to compare codebases and
>     bring in
>     the latest work.  We will do that in anycase, just that if we know it
>     fixes something we will do it sooner rather then later :-)
>
> -Matt
> Matthew Dillon
> <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matt, I downloaded a FreeBSD live CD from February this year. I think it is
version 5.2. They say they will have 5.3 soon. It has the same stuttering
issue. When I type "du" and a quick space then I get "du u". I could repeat
it consistently on FreeBSD and on DragonFly. I will try to find other PRs
as this is a bit annoying - I have to type slower than I want. At least the
mouse works perfectly and the patch doesn't have anything to do with the
stuttering issue as far as I could find out.

Cheers,
Roland - with hhihs stutterirngn keyboardr