Re: DragonFly 3.4 release planning

From: "Samuel J. Greear" <sjg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 04:17:18 -0600

--089e01182dd448240204da9fe816

> I believe I've made this suggestion before.  I think announcing the
> release on a weekend is the worst time from a PR standpoint, and we always
> seem to make the official announcement on a weekend.  I realize that is
> when people have the most free time, so the reason for it is clear.
>  However, from a PR standpoint I think it's better to delay release
> annoucements to Monday or Tueday, even if it's ready on Saturday.

Agree with this, Monday or Tuesday are the best days of the week for an
announcement.

Sam

--089e01182dd448240204da9fe816

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I believe I&#39;ve made this suggestion before. =A0I think announcing the r=
elease on a weekend is the worst time from a PR standpoint, and we always s=
eem to make the official announcement on a weekend. =A0I realize that is wh=
en people have the most free time, so the reason for it is clear. =A0Howeve=
r, from a PR standpoint I think it&#39;s better to delay release annoucemen=
ts to Monday or Tueday, even if it&#39;s ready on Saturday.<br>

--089e01182dd448240204da9fe816--