Re: DragonFly 3.4 release planning

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 10:08:46 +0200

On 4/14/2013 02:39, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Here's a status report on the 3.4 release:
>
> * We have the ability to use pkgsrc or dports (building from source in
> either case) now
> * Remaining commits for the release - several people have committed
> last-minute fixes
> * I'm not going to have pkgsrc binaries built for the release.
> * dports binaries - John Marino and Francois Tigeot are uploading now.

Justin,
We've seen enough evidence of "kernel freezing" to warrant setting
vm.read_shortcut_enable to zero for the release.  I think SJG also
recommended this on the mail list but I can't find it, so it must have
been over IRC (and could have been somebody else!)
The PR is: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2542

I didn't see any comment that changed the default for vm.read_shortcut.
  I would recommend checking this before cutting a release image.

Regards,
John