Re: Audio after heavy filesystem activity

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:55:29 +0200

http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issue884 ?

> (b) It sometimes also needs very long to process the backqueue.
>
> Both can result in the seen audio glitches. You can try to force the
> audio files into the buffer cache, that often helps (cat > /dev/null).

I wouldn't mind much if it would do it randomly sometimes, but the point
is that it will continue to do it with 30sec interval regardless of the
disk activity until I reboot the machine.

Same about issue #884 - it's not _very_ big problem if there is temporary
performance problems (of course these should be fixed as well), but the
point is that there is permanent damage done from which you can't recover
normally (reboot isn't normal IMHO :).

--
Hasso