Audio after heavy filesystem activity

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:23:02 +0200

Today I discovered this thread in freebsd-net list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.stable/51991

The point why it got my attention is that it looks very similar with the
situation I have ... except that my problem is with audio. Probably there
is problem with network as well, I just haven't checked. But the audio
problem is noticeable.

It looks exactly the same as described in the thread ... It's OK for some
time after boot, but often after heavy disc activity (rsync, hg pull,
even scp sometimes) short (but very noticeable) glitches will appear in
audio and they repeat after every ~30 sec. The same glitch in audio
happens if I manually run sync command (it isn't there after boot
either). I haven't discovered any way to get rid of these regular
glitches in audio except boot. If it matters, I'm using snd_hda(4).

Anyone else is seeing it? Ideas how to debug it? Ideas to fix or at least
workaround? It's damn annoying with workstation at work where the only
way to survive is music in closed-back headphones ;).

--
Hasso