Re: ifconfig on re0 panics Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094 with RealTek 8101E chipset

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 10:01:36 +0800

On 12/16/06, Joe Talbott <josepht@cstone.net> wrote:
Same again. {vmcore,kernel}.10 are here:

leaf.dragonflybsd.org:/home/josepht/crash/

Same location, just as previous panics.

I've put some if_printf's in the re_init function to try to narrow it down but haven't managed to figure anything out yet.

System paniced when we wrote to RE_TXCFG, with (RE_TXCFG_IDG | RE_TXCFG_MAXDMA). The register and the value are both valid for RTL8101E. So something wrong must happened, in either: 1) re_stop() 2) IDR config Rest of the things before setting RE_TXCFG is all valid for RTL8101E

So I commented out IDR config in re_init() and added re_reset().  IDRs
will be autoloaded, if card is initially powered on, and the value in
IDRs can survive the reset command.  So let's just see whether it
still panics:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/re4.diff

Best Regards,
sephe