Re: libc update progress?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

:
:On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 09:24:42AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     We do expect some major breakage temporarily.  That said, I *do* want
:>     all the old libraries to not only work but also be installed by a
:>     build on HEAD.
:
:Please, not another compat. We can build them as tarball
:and put that on the webside, or even as package for use with pkg_add.
:This could be even a default package for release builds for a while.
:
:Joerg

    All making a package out of it does is create confusion and more
    bug reports.  I believe it is important not to throw wrenches into
    the works that can otherwise easily be avoided.

    We are shifting to a new major library rev but there's no reason to
    make life difficult for people during the transition.  The CVS tree
    is the right place to put this and that's what I am going to do
    right now.