Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:06:57 +0200

Hello,

> One should be able - to keep ever and utmost in mind that, ports,
> packages, and original developer
> source tarballs are all the result of *other folk's* hard work, not only
> unpaid, but at considerable outgoing expense in time, hardware and
> connectivity costs.  Resources that are scarce, hard won, and have other
> demands placed on them.

Absolutely. In reading this I realize that my original post may have taken
on a tone that was not my intent. I never meant to slam pkgsrc or any of
the people whose hard work, as you correctly point out, is behind it.

If it seemes as if I were, I apologize for my poor choice of phrasing.

I only intended to highlight what I consider to be one of the biggest
"issues" with pkgsrc at this time. Since a next-gen packaging solution,
if I am not misstaken, is one of the goals of DragonFly, and because the
question about pkgsrc was specifically brought up, I thought I would
comment on the issue.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@xxxxxxxxx
E-Mail: peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx Web: http://www.scode.org