Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 14:08:46 +0200

> >And then of course the packages that were removed *ARE NOT
> >REINSATLLED* afterwards (I believe these will be the packages that
> >were removed due to one of their dependencies being removed, but
> >which are not in the dependency path of the top level package where
> >one did "make update").
>
> I didn't know this!  I hadn't got that far with pkgsrc yet.  Sounds
> like a serious design error to me.

Note that I am not sure of the exact circumstances when it happens;
the above is mostly an assumption. But I do know that I tend to loose
packages, so the use of "pkg_chk -g" is convenient.

> Well, life seems complicated.  I think, at present, lacking a
> comprehensive set of binary packages, Joerg's jail solution is the
> only possible solution.

Indeed.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@xxxxxxxxx