Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Hmm, our wiki handbook (and I assume the "official" one as well) makes a
> lot of mention of pkg_add/pkg_delete/etc. and I only see four pages
> making reference to pkgsrc (none of which appear in the handbook tree).
>   Should someone update these?  I'll be willing to step up to this plate
> when I figure out enough about pkgsrc to discuss it :-).

Start typing what you know now, and you or someone else can update as they
go.  It's a wiki, remember, so rapid, small development steps are best.

> However, would it be better to wait for the official packaging system to
> be released before doing this?

There's no reason to hold off when the release date of that new system
isn't set.  I don't think anyone's very far along on that, so pkgsrc docs
will be useful for at least some number of months.