Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: Adrian Nida <nida@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 10:39:47 -0400

<Snip/>
We still do not have an official packaging system, but David Rhodus and
a number of other people now have significant experience and that may well
dictate how we go on that. Most people are already dependant on Dave's
remote pkg_src repository :-).
<Snip/>

Hmm, our wiki handbook (and I assume the "official" one as well) makes a lot of mention of pkg_add/pkg_delete/etc. and I only see four pages making reference to pkgsrc (none of which appear in the handbook tree). Should someone update these? I'll be willing to step up to this plate when I figure out enough about pkgsrc to discuss it :-).

However, would it be better to wait for the official packaging system to be released before doing this?

Adrian