Re: Same ad0 timeout with new ISO

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 00:26:01 -0400

Hiten Pandya wrote:
	Now, there could be two things here --- the problems could have
	gone away because of my upgrade to the *latest* VMware, or that
	something got `magically' fixed in-between 17th Mar. and the
	latest snapshot... I have yet to find out.

See my replies on bugs@ about a month ago.

In my case, it was definitely the version of VMware. I took a DF install which was known to freeze under 4.0.x; under 4.5.x, it ran fine. However, I never saw ad0 timeout messages, just console freezes.

It seems like a lot was cleaned up in 4.5, though.

Dave